The radiation detection industry has grown over the past 50 years, due to the progression of understanding and uses of radiation in both academics and industry; with the last decade inviting concerns of improved and continued homeland security and responses to industrial accidents such as the Fukushima meltdown. In response to this growth, RDT has developed MSND® technology that can be used for numerous applications in numerous industries.
Neutron detector applications include:
- Homeland security & Defense (e.g. border screening)
- Healthcare (e.g. PET/CT, SPECT/MRI instruments)
- Fundamental research (e.g. neutron scattering beam lines)
- Industrial monitoring (e.g. personnel monitoring, water content in soil)
- Carbon-based & alternative energy (e.g. exploratory fossil fuel drivers)
Our neutron detectors provide an alternative to the 3He-based detectors, maintaining high thermal-neutron detection efficiency, at a fraction of the volume, mass, voltage, and power required from gas or liquid detectors.